An incredible amount of engagement is possible on Instagram, making it one of the most effective social media platforms for building a business. There are some Instagram profiles that get a lot of engagement regardless of what they post, and there are some accounts that are unknown. The key to becoming famous on Instagram is to post attractive photos and follow a content strategy. The key to a successful content strategy is to attract a targeted audience, increase engagement rates, and establish a strong online presence. Now let's take a look at how to create a content strategy for Instagram.
Take a look at your Instagram profile to figure out what you need to do to improve your presence. Your Instagram profile is like your mini showroom so you need to showcase complete information. Engage with your community and attract your target audience with your profile bio. Your profile should have a compelling bio, which could include your contact details, the services you offer, or a link to your website to give core insights into your brand.
If you want your ideal followers to scroll through the feed, you need to post content that is valuable to them. Rather than providing promotional content, make sure you provide informative content. The content you write should be complementary to the bio; it should be informative and engaging to the target audience.
Always keep in mind that you are posting your content for your target audience and your audience. You should either entertain, educate, inspire or convince your buyers with your Instagram content.
- Aware your audience- It is at this stage that you should create awareness and establish a sense of trust between yourself and your audience. You can engage your audience with entertaining quizzes, educational articles, or free guides.
- Nurture your audience- In this stage, you want to nurture your audience and stay at the top of their minds.
- Events- You can promote and show your events and new launches to the people. The reviews of your past clients, product features, and a promo code will interest customers who are ready to purchase from you.
A good way to learn how your competitors work is to look at what kinds of words they are using on their channels. Find out which topics they cover that match your niche by going through their posts. Next, revamp your Instagram post.
Make notes of the strategies that work for you, and implement them in other posts. In your content plan, consider including creative videos if you see your videos are gaining more engagement than your images.
Make a content calendar
You need to create a posting calendar once you have decided on your content theme. Visualizing your content and scheduling future posts during peak periods will be easier with this calendar.
Here are some things you need to keep in mind while making a content calendar:
- Make a decision about how often you will post. (Every 3 days, alternatively or once a week)
- If you're unsure, look at your competitors.
- Schedule your posts at times when your followers are most active. To determine the best time to post on Instagram, check your followers' insights.
- Select the automated scheduling tool you intend to use. It is easy to plan your Instagram posts with the many scheduling tools available on the market. Later, Buffer and Planoly are among the most popular. Find out which one suits your style by trying them out.
Get Your Content Noticed By Your Target Audience
Your posts are featured to only 1-2% of your followers; their reactions, such as likes, comments, etc., determine whether they will reach a large audience. The process of boosting your Instagram content visibility is not as difficult as you may think; there are steps you can take to improve your visibility.
- Increase engagement by promoting your content on other social media platforms.
- Work with influencers to boost sales and grow your brand.
- Make your Instagram account more visible and engaging by running Instagram giveaways.
Analyze your profile
An effective content strategy requires an analysis of profile performance. In addition, it helps you optimize your posting strategies to increase engagement by understanding what types of posts your audience enjoys. There are a number of things you can monitor on Instagram, including follower growth, follower location, engagement rate, clickthrough rate, insights into feed posts, and story insights.
Congratulations! You have just built your Instagram content marketing strategy!